Watermelon is a fruit that brings with it the happy feelings of summer. Here are two great edible watermelon crafts which are fun to make and will create warm summer memories for years to come!
Watermelon Rice Krispies Treats
5 to 6 cups Rice krispies
7.5 oz Jar of Marshmallow fluff
¼ cup Margarine
1 -7” and 1 -9” round pan
red and green food coloring
Chocolate chunks or chips
1. Melt ¼ cup margarine, add the marshmallow fluff, and stir until smooth and combined.
2. Remove fluff from the fire and split it into two large bowls. Add red food coloring to one and green food coloring to the other.
3. Mix the red fluff with about 3 cups of rice krispies and press firmly into the small round pan. After it is firmly set, invert it into the center of the large round pan.
4. Mix the green fluff with about 3 cups of rice krispies and press it around the edges to create the rind. Sprinkle on some chocolate chunks for seeds.
5. Use a sharp knife to slice into wedges. Serve at your next barbeque!