Add some "flair" to your holiday table with this exciting and dramatic plating idea and delicious recipes.
Wontons have come a long way since they left the soup!
Chicken Wontons, Beef Wontons, etc…
How about trying Salmon Wontons !?!
The Ramen Noodle Salad is simple to make and you will love its crunch and the amazing taste.
Photography by Jolee Photography
Sesame Teriyaki Wontons:
Yields: 12 servings
- 24 Wonton wrappers
- Canola oil for frying
- 24- ¾” salmon cubes
- Mikee Sesame Teriyaki Sauce
- Marinate salmon cubes in Sesame Teriyaki sauce for 1-2 hours.
- Place 1 salmon cube in the center of each wonton wrapper. Start with bringing 2 opposite corners to the center and then bring in the other 2 corners to form an envelope shape.
- Heat the oil in a large pot and fry each wonton for 2-3 min on each side.
Do not freeze. Ramen Noodle
Salad: Serves 6
- 12 0unces fresh Romaine Lettuce or Spinach Leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 package Ramen Noodles
- 1/4 cup Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
Place all ingredients in a small pot and place over medium heat till browned. Remove from heat when done. For the dressing:
- 6 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons vinegar
Mix ingredients well and pour over the greens and the crunch immediately before serving.
- 1 square plate
- 1 small rectangular, 3 compartment plastic dish
Place 2 wontons on either side of the rectangular dish and fill the center with Sesame Teriyaki Sauce. Place dish on top part of square plate. Fill remaining part of plate with salad.
This recipe originally appeared in Mishpacha Magazines.