Cheese Cake, Cheese Blintzes, Cheese Muffins, how about Cheese Cookies?!? This recipe originally appeared in a Mishloach Manot presentation I did for the Mishpacha Magazine last year. As one of the themes was photography, I topped off of the arrangement with these delectable Cheese Cookies (thus the “Just say Cheese!”). This recipe is easy to make, and judging by the positive feedback I received, these cookies will be a great addition to your Shavuout baking.
Photography by Jolee Photography
- 2 sticks margarine
- 4 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Chocolate graham cookies
- ½ container whipped cream cheese
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 T sour cream
Chocolate coffee beans for decoration.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of your mixer, cream the margarine, cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
- Add in the egg, lemon juice, flour and baking powder. Mix till dough forms. Do not over mix.
- Crush graham crackers in food processor and set aside.
- Combine all filling ingredients, besides for the egg white and mix well.
- Beat egg white with fork till frothy. Form dough into 1” balls. Dip each ball into egg whites, then into crushed graham crackers. Place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Make indentation with thumb in center of each cookie. Place approximately ½ tsp. filling into each indentation.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and place a coffee bean in the center of the cheese filling (before the cookie cools).