Photography by Todd Trice
Fun to make and fun to eat, this idea is perfect for that cold, frosty winter day. Design your chocolate on a stick, swirl in boiling hot milk, then watch how it transforms into a luscious, fudgy hot cocoa – Irresistible!
This article appeared last year in Mishpacha Magazine
Family First. The feedback I received was outstanding. Some told me it was the perfect treat for their freezing cold children after they spent lots of time playing in the snow, others used them as a party favor, while there were those who wrapped up a couple and sent them as a gift. However you use them, they are sure to bring a warm cozy feeling to the cold winter days up ahead!
- Coffee Mugs
- 12 oz Baking Chocolate or Milk Chocolate Bar
- 12- 2 oz. Square Plastic Shot Glasses
- 12 Wooden Candy Apple Sticks or Craft Sticks
- Choice of Mini Marshmallows ,Edible Confetti Sprinkles , Sprinkles, chopped nuts...
- Melt chocolate in microwave or double boiler, then pour chocolate into small plastic shot glasses.
- Decorate with toppings, then place dowel in the center of the chocolate. (Waiting until the chocolate begins to harden (approximately 5 minutes) will make it easier keep the dowel in place.)
- Freeze until solid, then remove from shot glasses. (You may have to crack the cup to remove the chocolate.)
- When ready to serve, place in boiling hot milk.