As we are surrounded by fall’s beautiful foliage outside, how about bringing some color, creativity and fun indoors as well. Perfect for a long Sunday afternoon - you wont be”leaf” how much your children will enjoy creating these “tree”ts.
1.Roll out the cookie dough (1/4” thick).
2.Using the cookie cutter, cut out the dough. (You can add some more dough to the bark of the tree to make it larger.) If you would like to make your tree stand, use a knife to cut a straight edge on the bottom of the trunk before baking.
3. Bake the cookies and allow to cool.
4. Melt the candy melts according to the directions on the package.
5.Use a spoon to smear melted candy melts on the top part of the tree.
6. Sprinkle fruity pebbles on top. Allow to dry.
7. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or microwave.
8. Dip the trunk of the tree into the chocolate. If you would like the cookie to stand on the plate, place ½ tsp of melted chocolate on the plate. Position the cookie on the melted chocolate and put a small , heavy object behind the tree to hold in place until it is completely dry.
This post contains affiliate links from Amazon, which means I earn a very small commission if you click and make a purchase.