These adorable Rosh Hashana themed cake pops will have you well on your way to a sweet new year!
You will need:
- Cake balls
- Gefen Wonder Melts – 2 Red, 1 Yellow and 1 green
- Lollipop sticks
- Falafel bits super snacks or Fiber One
- Black pearl candies
- Microwave, double boiler, or chocolate melting pot
For this project I used a Babycakes Cake Pop Maker , and followed the recipe for Vanilla Cake Pops found in the instructions manual.
Vanilla Cake Pops
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (I used margarine)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk (I used soy milk)
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Alternately blend in flour mixture and milk into butter mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Fill each reservoir with about 1 Tbsp of batter.
- Bake 4-5 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a cake pop comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before coating.
- Begin by melting your chocolate in a double boiler, microwave or a chocolate melting pot.(I purchased melting pots a few months ago to use at a food demonstration. It was such a pleasure using them. I intended to use them at the show only, but I decided to use them at home as well. I often end up burning the chocolate in the microwave and with a double boiler, there is always that chance of getting water in the chocolate. With the melting pot,it can sit on the counter for hours keeping the chocolate melted and ready to use.)
- Dip the tip of the lollipop stick into the melted Wonder Melts, then stick into the cake ball (the chocolate acts as a glue).Allow to dry.
3. Insert the cake ball into the melted red Wonder Melts. Tap the stick gently on the side of your pot to remove excess melted Wonder Melts. Stand the dipped cake pops in a piece of Styrofoam to dry.
4. Once the red layer is dry, dip the apple cake pop into the 'honey' ... to get that drippy look it's easier to work with a small spoon - as in a baby feeding spoon.... once the honey is in place, stick in a half green candy melt as the leaf, and a falafel bit as the stem!
Allow to dry.