My guests were arriving and I still had not decided on a hot vegetable to be served with the main. Obviously, I did not have much time on my hands. Upon openening the fridge, I spotted a bag of mini peppers I had just purchased from Costco. I put three peppers on a skewer, sprayed them with Pam, spiced them, then placed them on the grill. Ten minutes later (5 minutes each side) I had a most magnificent vegetable to serve.
You will need:
- Wooden skewers (soaked water for about half an hour)
- Mini peppers
- Your favorite spice combination (I used salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, basil and parsley flakes)
- Preheat your grill.
- Place three peppers on each skewer.
- Spray peppers generously with Pam and sprinkle on the spices (both sides).
- Place peppers on the grill at a medium-high setting and grill each side for about 5 minutes.
You can broil the peppers in your oven as well.