With Tu B’shvat just around the corner, here’s a fun idea the whole family can help prepare in honor of Tu B’shvat. With minimal preparation, you can create an original and eye catching centerpiece.
- One large bag of Grapes
- 6 inch green styrofoam ball
- Bunch of Leaves – joined together at the bottom with hard plastic/wire (see picture) available at craft stores
- A wide mouthed vase or candlestick to be used as a base to hold “pineapple”
- Fake green grass or moss (optional)
- Chisel down the sides of the styrofoam ball to create an oval shape ( shape of a pineapple).
- Stick the pointy end of the “leaf bunch” into the top of the styrofoam.
- Break toothpicks in half.
- Starting from the top, working your way around in a circle, fill the styrofoam with grapes attached with toothpicks.
- For a finished look, put fake grass or moss under the “pineapple”.
- Place “pineapple” on top of vase/candlestick.