Fun and Easy Uses for Wonder Melts
As mentioned on my January 13, post, I will be giving step by step instructions for some of the ideas I came up with using Gefen Dairy Free Wonder Melts for the Zichron Shlomo Refuah Foodfest which took place this past Sunday in New York.(For those of you who read all the other Wonder Melt posts-sorry for the speech again!) In today's post I will be featuring chocolate covered pretzels, drizzled marshmallows, and mini cupcakes. Once again, these are some of my ideas, but go ahead and experiment on your own as well, the possibilities are endless, and it's loads of fun and not difficult at all! Begin by melting your chocolate in a double boiler, microwave or a chocolate melting pot.(I purchased melting pots to use at the show.It was such a pleasure using them.I intended to use them at the show only,but I decided to use them at home as well.I often end up burning the chocolate in the microwave and with a double boiler,there is always that chance of getting water in the chocolate.With the melting pot,it can sit on the counter for hours keeping the chocolate melted and ready to use.)
Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- pretzel rods (I use with salt)
- 2 color Wonder Melts
- 1"x12" cellophane bag and ribbon(optional)
- Dip pretzels in melted Wonder Melt.Twirl or tap gently to remove excess melted Wonder Melts.Allow to dry on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Place melted Wonder Melts(second color) in a gallon size freezer Ziploc bag(you do not need much).Cut a small hole in the corner of the bag and drizzle the pretzels(the way you would use a pastry bag). Allow to dry.
- Place each pretzel in a cellophane bag,tied with a ribbon.(optional)
Place melted Wonder Melts in a freezer Ziploc bag (you do not need much).Cut a small hole in the corner of the bag and drizzle the marshmallows (the way you would use a pastry bag).Allow to dry. Simple enough?!?!
- mini cupcakes (your favorite recipe)
- chocolate molds ( flower/bow design....)
1. Make chocolate mold decorations. I found that making the tiny chocolate molds was very tedious work. To combat this, instead of filling each of the "cavities" individually, I put a couple of globs of chocolate on the mold and run a spatula across, like this:
When completed, place in the freezer, until chocolate hardens.
2. Remove from freezer and take chocolates out of the mold.
3. Dip the tops of the mini cupcakes into Wonder Melts
4. Apply chocolate mold design immediately.