Ever since I got this recipe from my sister-in-law, some 15 years ago, I have never bothered making any other recipe for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. This recipe is very simple -my kids have been making them since they were young. Additionally, they freeze beautifully - always handy for snacks and unannounced guests!
This is one recipe my family has never gotten bored of (fortunately and unfortunately)! For those who like to bake healthier , the regular flour can be replaced with whole wheat flour. I gave this recipe to my friends who switched it – her kids have never caught on (I hope they’re not reading this post!) So enjoy making them… again… and again…. and again…
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup + 2 Tbs sugar
- 1 cup + 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp water
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1/2 bag chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine all the ingredients, besides for the chocolate chips in the bowl of your mixer and mix well. Add chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets,1 1/2" apart.
- Bake 12-13 minutes. Do not over-bake.