Hanukkah Donut Pops
This is a Hanukkah variation of cake pops. Purchase unglazed donuts pre ordered from a local donut shop or you can make them on your own using a Mini Doughnut Maker (I prefer to make them on my own, this way I avoid some of the excesses oil donuts are notorious for). Decorate them with the icings and toppings listed below, wrap them in a clear cellophane paper and ribbons, and you can create a memorable Hanukkah party favor for everyone to enjoy.
- Mini donuts
- Lolly-pop sticks
- Cellophane bags
Recipe for Donuts (using a donut machine)
Yields: Approximately 24 mini donuts
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk or juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- Place ingredients in the bowl of your mixer.
- Mix until combined.
- Preheat donut machine for about 5 minutes.
- Spray the cavities lightly with baking spray.
- Pour batter into each cavity-do not overfill.
- Close the machine and bake for about 3 minutes. Donuts should be golden color when ready.
- Repeat until batter is used up.
- Cookie dip (available in baking supply stores)
- Chocolate,candy melts
- Confectioners sugar
I prefer to use cookie dip or melted chocolate (as opposed to an icing). They are less likely to smear on the cellophane bag.
- Colorful sprinkles
- Confetti sprinkles
- Colored sparkling sugar
- Chocolate,caramel or nougat chips
- Candy pearls
- Chopped nuts
- Toasted shredded coconut
After the donuts are ready,stick the lolly-pop sticks in.You may want to dip the end of the stick into chocolate first; this will help the stick stay in the donut and not fall out. Place each donut in a cellophane bag and tie it with a ribbon.
This post contains affiliate links from Amazon, which means I earn a very small commission if you click and make a purchase.