Photography by Dan Engongoro
Here's a "cool" presentation with simple preparation! This idea is perfect for keeping ice cubes, fruit, sorbet, etc chilled at your next summer party.
You will need:
- 2 stainless steel bowls; one should fit inside the other with 1–2 inches between them
- fresh or silk flowers, citrus slices, or any other decoration of choice
- strong tape such as duct tape
1. Scatter flowers or citrus slices in large bowl.
2. Place small bowl inside large bowl. Tape the two bowls together so that the rims are flush with each other. Pour water in between the bowls to ½-inch from the top
3. Add some more flowers or citrus slices and use a skewer to help put into place.
4. Freeze overnight. Let stand at room temperature until bowls separate easily (about 10 minutes). Remove tape.
5. Li'ft the top bowl; invert bottom bowl to remove ice bowl. Freeze until needed.
*Tip: To catch drips, you can put a towel underneath your tablecloth or rest the ice bowl on a bowl or a tray.
This Article by EstherO. originally appeared in Mishpacha Magazine.