Photography by Dan Engongoro
- Cut a one-inch thick slice of watermelon.
- Use a cookie cutter or cut a 2 ¾ x 3 ½ inch rectangle.
- In the center, cut out a 1 ¼ x 2 inch rectangle.
- Use a toothpick to thread two blueberries alternating with a grape, and then push the toothpick first down into the watermelon base, and then up into the top to hold in place.
- Use a flower-shaped cookie cutter to cut flowers out of cantaloupe slices. For best results, stand cantaloupe upright and cut thin slices from its side.
- Attach blueberries to centers of flowers with half a toothpick, and use green toothpicks to place cantaloupe flowers into watermelon base.